- Putin spokesman refuses to rule out use of nuclear weapons if Russia faced an ‘existential threat’
- Nicaragua sentences ex-presidential candidate to 8 years in prison amid wider opposition crackdown
- Ukraine has denied Russia a victory for four weeks. A grim new phase could be coming
- Belarusian military could ‘soon’ join war in Ukraine, US and NATO officials say
- From love to loss: See the conflict in Ukraine through a wedding photographer’s lens – CNN Video
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s chief spokesman has conceded that Russia has yet to achieve any of its military goals in Ukraine and refused to deny that Moscow could resort to the use of nuclear weapons.
The US and NATO believe that Belarus could “soon” join Russia in its war against Ukraine, US and NATO officials tell CNN, and that the country is already taking steps to do so.