- Japan’s Terra Drone lands $70M Series B funding to accelerate global expansion
- Daily Crunch: Identity-as-a-service platform Okta says it ‘contained’ network breach in January
- Former Cruise CEO Dan Ammann joins ExxonMobil
- It’s time to hold investors accountable and abolish pro-rata
- Alphabet spins out a new subsidiary, and in a sign of the times, it’s focused on quantum tech
As the use of aircraft like drones, electric vertical take-off and landing vehicles and uncrewed aerial vehicles take off, Japanese startup Terra Drone wants to make sure trafficking the skies doesn’t get overlooked. “Our airspace is going to get more crowded than ever, but most companies today are concentrating only on hardware development,” said Terra […]
Hello friends and welcome to Daily Crunch, bringing you the most important startup, tech and venture capital news in a single package.
Dan Ammann, the New Zealand native who served as CEO of autonomous vehicle company Cruise since 2019, has moved on to ExxonMobil, where he will be leading a new business focused on commercializing low-emission business opportunities in carbon capture and storage, hydrogen and low-emission fuels, according to a statement from ExxonMobil. Ammann, the former president […]
We’re now in the era of “value-add venture capital,” where investors need to show founders that they will do more for them than merely cut a check.
Quantum tech may be having its moment at long last. Early this month, one of the few “pure play” quantum tech companies in the world, Rigetti Computing, went public by merging with a special purpose acquisition company or SPAC — and it only narrowly missed becoming the first publicly traded company to expressly focus on […]